Monday 25 November 2013

swap joy

Made London was a great success. Such a brilliant show to be a part of and great to meet up with some old customers and make some new ones. Held in the beautiful Sir John Soane church right opposite Great Portland st. tube, it reminded me of the days we did shows in The Midland Grand Hotel in St. Pancras before it was all spruced up.
Part of the joy of doing shows is seeing all the other fantastic work and meeting the talented makers AND being able to do swaps at times.
I would love to be able to live in a world of bartering and at a craft fair we have our own trade of currency.
Here are some of the beauties i picked up at Made London, as you'll notice mainly ceramics which i have a bit of a habit for. Obviously there were many other goodies i would have love to have taken home with me but there's always next time!


This lovely bird is made by the just as lovely Micky Wolters. She's from Holland and i was so pleased to see her at the show as i've been coveting my brothers bird for a few years now and now i have my own. Micky has gone home with one of my simple wren rings. Good birdie swap.

Well not just swaps but lucky me was given this super belt from the Lohr family as a Birthday present. Yes i spent my 37th birthday setting up a show and working, oh the glamor. You should check out more of wolframs fantastic work, he makes the most beautiful bags too.
I had the pleasure of being neighbors to the most lovely Justine Allison whilst i was at the show. We feasted on fine foods, both being housed normally in the countryside - taking full advantage of London abundance of culinaryness. I am just waiting to find a moment to give these incredibly fine group of lovelies a home. (I've envisaged them on my chest of drawers but our bedroom is like a furniture shop due to having just inherited lots of pieces from my uncle, some sorting needs to be done - when i have a moment?).
 
Sue Binns, what a fantastic woman and her work is just brilliant. I've always admired Sue's work for years and was wondering why i didn't own any so made sure i took home something of hers finally. I think it's the start of a little collection. So as you can see  i did rather well, in fact i also have a rather beautiful enamel plate inscribed with a quote from Dolly Parton coming my way when the extremely talented and busy, Buddug Humphreys has a mo.


No comments:

Post a Comment